If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Fried Pork Chops

|
I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately. Life has been crazy! Between pregnancy and trying to get moved... I think I'm going to go crazy. I'm in love with my new kitchen! I'll post pictures of it in my next post!  My only complaint is that I still don't have a stove! Needless to say, it's put a strain on what I can cook. 

Tonight I used my electric skillet and made some fabulous fried pork chops. 

Fried Pork Chops 



4 cups vegetable oil
8 (8-ounce) bone-in pork chops, about 1-inch thick
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
3 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch celery seeds
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

Heat oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F.

Arrange the pork chops in a large shallow dish. Season each pork chop, on both sides, with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and celery seeds. 


Pour the buttermilk over the chops and turn to coat.


Place flour into a large shallow dish. Dip each pork chop into the flour mixture and coat well, shaking off the excess.


Using tongs, gently lower the chops into the deep skillet in batches if necessary. 


Fry for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. 


Transfer chops to a paper towel-lined pate to drain. Serve hot.

I've also managed to chop off all my hair! 

BEFORE

AFTER

It is so much cooler. This summer is already killing me. 



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails