If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

My Adventure Outside

|
Most people that know me know that I have a BLACK thumb. I have always wanted to be one of those people who have massive gardens and flowers everywhere. I just can't seem to get it right. 
So, this year I have decided I will turn this all around. I've decided to build some planters so I can start a garden, and my kiddo has informed me that we need to plant flowers out front. 

But first, the dreaded monkey grass.....

 
This stuff is outrageous. I despise it, but at the moment it's there and I do not feel like digging it all up. So, I figured I should probably figure out how to care for it. Off to Google I went. I found out quickly that you are supposed to trim it back to around 3 inches in the late February or early March! 
As you can see mine desperately needed to be trimmed. 

Now this might sound super easy, but considering I haven't done a thing with this since we moved in a year and a half ago.... it was quite the pain. 

It had thick saplings growing out of it everywhere, and it was caked with leaves and trash.
At least I had a great helper!

 
So I finally got it all cut down, an hour later....


(Ignore the bag of trash someone apparently tossed out their car window onto the sidewalk sometime through the night. People can be so rude!)


While doing this I noticed that the grass has started to take over. It is supposed to stop at the top stair and it has grown about a foot farther than that...
 
Plus there are huge chunks of it missing in some spots... 


Not to mention that they are starting to grow on my stairs.... 


YUCK!
I guess I'll transplant some of the over growth to the holes. We'll see how that works! 

All in all it wasn't a bad day, the kiddo even found a new snail shell... 



I decided to walk around the house to see what else was growing, and I found this... 
Anyone know what this is? Here's a closer picture...
Any clue?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails