If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

How I make my chili.

|
I believe that most people who cook all make chili a different way. It seems like everyone I talk to has their own recipe. I guess that's one of the things I love about it. You can go to 4 different places and eat chili at all of them, and yet it will always taste different!

Here's is MY recipe.

Heather's Quick Chili



1 Field's Chili Stick (some call this cheating, I call it convienent)
1lb ground beef (I use the vegetarian protein crumbles)
2 cans (or 1 big can) tomato sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, with juices
1 can hot chili beans, with sauce
1 packet chili seasoning
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
about 15 oz v-8 
8 oz pasta cooked according to package directions(optional) (I use rotini) 

First cut the chili stick up and put it in a pot with the tomato sauce over low heat. Stir until the chili stick is melted. 


Meanwhile, brown the hamburger meat with the onion and green peppers until no longer pink. 


Drain the meat and add to the pot along with the tomatoes, chili seasoning, and chili beans. Slowly add V-8 until your chili is just a tad thinner that what you would want it to be when done. Simmer at least 30 mins on low. Add pasta and remove from heat to serve.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails