If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Teriyaki Chicken with White Sauce

|
As I have mentioned in the sparse posts before, I'm pregnant. With that being said, my morning all-day sickness has given me a total aversion to food. For a cook, this is not a good thing. So when I actually have a craving, I take full advantage.
For the past couple of weeks I have been really wanting some teriyaki chicken, but the problem with this is that I have to have the white sauce that they serve in all the Japanese restaurants. I had searched high and low for a recipe, and always came up empty handed.

Today was my lucky day! Google is my best friend!
(I'm sooo sorry that I don't have pictures. I fail)

Teriyaki Chicken with White Sauce

Chicken:

  • 1 (10 oz) bottle of teriyaki marinade (I had a few bottles of Annies Naturals, organic teriyaki marinade left over) 
  • 3-5 chicken breasts, cut up into bite sized pieces
  • 1 medium onion coarsely chopped 
  • 1 T Oil
White Sauce: 
  • 1 1/4 cup mayo
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 t tomato paste
  • 1 T melted butter
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1 t sugar
  • 1/4 t paprika
  • dash cayenne pepper
The night before cooking, place the chicken in a ziploc bag and/or bowl along with the marinade. Let sit in refrigerator overnight. Also, the night before cooking, mix all white sauce ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and chill overnight. (the sauce WILL NOT taste right if not allowed to sit.) Bring to room temp before serving. 
When ready to cook, place oil in a large skillet; Add onions and sauté till tender. Spoon chicken out of marinade, into skillet. Cook over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through (about 5- 10 minutes).
Top chicken with white sauce and serve. 
(this is really good served over rice) 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails