I love EGGS! Seriously, I could eat them for every meal... there are days that I do! We usually get about 3 dozen fresh EGGS at a time, and it will normally last us a week and a half to two weeks! Normally I just scramble them for burritos, or make yummy omelets with them. But here are a couple of my favorite EGG recipes! Head over to Life As Mom to read more!
Mini Bacon and Cheese Quiches
prep: 15 min / cook: 20 min / total: 35 min
1 spray(s) cooking spray
36 item(s) wonton wrapper(s), 3 ½-inches square each
1 small onion(s), finely chopped
1 cup(s) fat-free EGG substitute**
1 ½ cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
½ cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
4 slice(s) cooked crisp turkey bacon, crumbled
* Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray.
* Gently press 1 wonton wrapper into each muffin cup allowing ends to extend above cups. Spray edges of wrappers with cooking spray; set aside.
* Meanwhile, in a small skillet, stir-fry onion over medium-high heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
* In a large mixing bowl, whisk together EGG substitute, milk and cheese. Stir in bacon and onion until well combined. Fill each wonton wrapper with about 1 tablespoon of filling mixture.
* Bake until quiche mixture is set and edges of wrappers are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
POINTS® Value: 3
**You can use real EGGS, I've done it before. You will just have to disregard the points value**
Broccoli and Cheese Mini Egg Omelets
total: 25 min
4 cups broccoli florets
4 whole EGGS
1 cup EGG whites
¼ cup reduced fat cheddar
¼ cup good grated cheese like pecorino romano
1 tbs olive oil
salt and fresh pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.
When broccoli is cooked, mash into smaller pieces and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into 9 tins.
In a medium bowl, beat EGG whites, EGGS, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than ¾ full. Top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.