If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Sloppy Joe Turnovers

|
I had a lot of people comment on my meal plan, asking about the sloppy joe turnovers. I thought I would just go ahead and post it!

Sloppy Joe Turnovers

1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1/4 cup chopped onion (or onion powder)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sour cream (lite)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
10-oz can Hungry Jack Flaky Biscuits (10 biscuits)

Preheat oven to 375.Brown the ground beef and onion, drain. Add the ketchup, sour cream, salt and garlic powder, stir to combine. Roll out dough to 4 round. Place 1/4 cup (or so) meat mixture in center and fold over top. Seal edges firmly with fork. Bake 15 minutes.

Notes: I use ground turkey, light sour cream, and reduced fat  biscuits (when I can find them). Turn it into a casserole by using two  cans of refrigerated pizza dough. Press one can of dough into bottom of  casserole dish, spread meat mixture on top. Carefully lay the second  piece of dough on top and stretch to cover casserole. Pinch together any  tears. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Make sure center is done. If not,  cover with foil and put on bottom rack for another 5-10 minutes. Cut
 into squares.

 To freeze: Whenever I make this recipe I double the filling, and freeze  half of it. Then when ready, thaw the filling and make the individual  turnovers (or a casserole) with fresh dough. Also makes an excellent  pizza topping, with grated cheddar sprinkled on top.

Muffin tin variation: Grease muffin tins and press in biscuits. Fill  with 3-4 tablespoons meat. Top with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 12  minutes

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Sounds interesting. I'll have to try this one night!

Helene said...

It sounds really good...and very simple! I was wondering if you could use lean ground turkey and then I read that's exactly what you use!! I think my kids would love this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails