If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

So Much For The Meal Plan

|
This week has been a little crazy and needless to say I have not stuck to my meal plan... at all! I thought I would post the recipes for what I have cooked. 

Monday was supposed to be Burgers with potato wedges.... it ended up being frozen fish fillet sammies with spicy fries because I had an appointment for 3:00, and I didn't get home until after 5:00! 

Today I had planned on a roast... again, that didn't happen! My fiance just started working third shift again, plus he has school and clinicals, so he was ready to pass out when he got home this afternoon. I decided to take the kiddo and do all my grocery shopping. That way he could get at least a couple of hours uninterrupted sleep. 



While I was at Kroger I found Organic baby Italian style mixed greens marked down to $1.97!!!! So we ended up having Quick Calzones and salads!!! 

Quick Calzones
Makes 8 
 
1 package McCormick® Italian-Style Spaghetti Sauce Mix
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
Water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (4 ounces) sliced pepperoni
1 package (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix Spaghetti Sauce Mix, tomato paste, 1 can water and oil in medium bowl.
2. Unroll crescent rolls; separate into 8 rectangles. Press together perforations.
3. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce on one half of each rectangle. Top with sliced pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over cheese and press to seal edges.
4. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.

These were really good, but next time I will skip the spaghetti sauce mix, and just use pizza sauce. The spaghetti sauce was a little too sweet for my taste. I also want to experiment with all kinda of filling combos. I think I might find a recipe next weekend for a good dough to make completely homemade calzones!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails