If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

My Favorite Recipes (Blog hop)

|
I love, love, love this recipe! It is so super simple and it really turns out pretty. I was amazed at how much it really tasted like cookie dough! 
 
Cookie Dough Pie

 15.25 ounce package Chips Ahoy Cookies- Original kind
8-12 ounces Cool Whip- I used 8 ounces
2 cups milk

Quickly dip cookies in milk, shake off excess liquid, and layer in 9 inch pie plate**, breaking cookies to fill any gaps. Once the first layer is complete, top with a thin layer of Cool Whip. Repeat twice more making last layer of Cool Whip a bit thicker. Garnish with chocolate syrup if desired. Place in freezer 2-3 hours before serving. 
Serves 6-8.

Note- You must dip quickly or your pie will be very soggy. Make sure to shake off excess milk as well so that you do not have a puddle of milk in your pie. You will have leftover milk but you do need that amount to get the cookie completely immersed. The final product will be like a soft cookie dough-like consistency. On the right is the pattern I made on top of the pie with chocolate syrup. 
 
**As you can see from the pictures I used a round casserole dish! You could also use a trifle bowl to fancy it up a bit. 


MckLinky Blog Hop

9 comments:

No I wasn't Sleeping said...

wow, that looks so yummy, and super easy.
I will have to remember this one.
Thanks for sharing
Staci
@ teachingmoneytokids.com

Freely Living Life said...

Oh my goodness!! So much for the darn diet....Mommy has a new favorite recipe! LoL. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jen said...

My thoughts exactly....my poor diet and I was doing so well. It looks delicious though!!

Jen
http://apennysavedtoday.blogspot.com

Suburban Hooker said...

Looks like a pretty fun recipe. My brother would flip for it. I think I will make this for his birthday cake this year!! Thanks for the recipe!

Brandi said...

That would so totally be my undoing! LOL It looks delish. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my little corner of the bloggysphere!

Annette said...

That looks very delicious and super easy - even I could make it!! ;) LOL

However, it is most definitely NOT diet friendly, so I will need to restrain myself and not make this TOO often!! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Annette
www.mammakerr.com

Trippy Momma said...

lol I'm glad you all like it, and if you could totally buy sugar free choc chip cookies instead of the chips ahoy, and use fat free cool whip!

I must warn you all... it is addictive!

Clare & Tim said...

The day that I give up my diet...I am making this!

Suburban Hooker said...

I'm soooo loving the Anita Blake series but I read the Sookie books first and right now I couldn't tell you which series I prefer. I'm only on the 4th AB though. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails