If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

So Excited!!! (Pulled Pork Recipe)

|
I am super pumped right now! A couple of months back I received an event invite to our cities annual Taste Of Bowling Green ! This is a benefit put on be the KY Restaurant Association to help fund The Dream Factory. Local food and alcohol vendors all set up and let you taste their food, and *ahem* beverages. They have door prizes, a silent auction, and live entertainment.

Anywho, I had wanted to go, said maybe to the invite, and went on my way. The other day my fiance asked me when it was happening, and when I needed to buy my tickets. That's when I realized that it this Thursday. I started asking around about tickets, but all I heard was they were impossible to get.

So my mom and I were talking the other day, and she mentioned that she would like to go as well. Then today she called to tell me that her boyfriend had gotten her THREE tickets! I'm so so so excited.

Needless to say, I won't be eating dinner at home tonight! I've got a Pork Roast in the crock pot as we speak, and I'll shred it before I go for the rest of the family. I thought I would go ahead and post the recipe on here since it is a tried and true one for our family!

Carolina Barbecued Pork

Ingredients
  • 2 onions, quartered
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 to 6 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder roast
  • 2/3 cup cider vinegar
  • 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • hamburger buns
  • cole slaw, optional
Directions
   1. Place onions in stoneware.
   2. Combine brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper rub over roast. Place roast over onions.
   3. Combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt and cayenne stir to mix well. Drizzle 1/4 of vinegar mixture over roast.
   4. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinegar mixture.
   5. Cover cook on Low 10 to 12 hours or on High 5 to 6 hours. Remove meat and onions and drain. Chop or shred meat and chop onions.
   6. Serve meat and onions on buns. If desired, top sandwiches with coleslaw. Pass remaining vinegar mixture to drizzle over sandwiches.

I'll write all about the benefit when I get home! 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails