If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Out of Control (Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe)

|
I am a woman obsessed!

                                          "Obsessed with what?" you ask!

GARDENING!!!!!

This is what my desk looks like! Craziness, pure craziness! On the up side though, I have managed to get a lot done. 
When it comes to gardening I am clueless! I was never blessed with a green thumb. I can just look at plants and they die. It's sad, I know! I have vowed to myself that I will follow through with this garden, and it will flourish... even if it kills me! 
So I plan. I plan every last detail! 

I've decided that Square Foot Gardening is the way to go for me. I had planned on ordering my boxes from the website, but now that I've seen how cheap it can be to buy the materials and build it myself, I believe I'll go that way! 
Now I'm making my list of what exactly I want to plant, and over at $5 Dinners I found FREE gardening planner printables! They have been a lifesaver!

In the midst of my garden crazy, I realized that the hamburger meat I had set out to thaw, hadn't thawed enough for me to make the cheeseburger sliders like I had planned! So it was back to the drawing board for dinner.... 
I ended up making Cheeseburger Pasta with corn and green beans! It was yummy. 

Cheeseburger Pasta

1 ½ c uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
¾ lb lean ground beef
2 T finely chopped onion
1 can (14.5 oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
2 T dill pickle relish
2 T prepared mustard
2 T ketchup
1 t steak seasoning (Montreal steak seasoning)
¼ t seasoned salt
¾ c shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Chopped green onions, optional

    Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
    Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
    Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings. 

Nutrition Facts: 
One serving: 1-½ cups
Calories: 391, Fat:12 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 57 mg, Sodium: 759 mg, Carbohydrate:43 g, Fiber:4 g, Protein: 28 g, 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails