If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

The amazing recipe I made tonight!

|
I usually shop for groceries once a month, so by the end of the month I am just trying to clear out my pantry. Often my boyfriend starts to worry that we're running out of food! Just as he did tonight. So I made it my personal mission to prove to him that I can make a meal out of pretty much anything! Here is the recipe I came up with for tonight.... 


Chicken and Penne with Tomato Sauce
This was one of the most amazing dishes I've made in a long time! The chicken was so incredibly juicy and tender. And the sauce had an amazing flavor! My family ate every bite!
 
Pasta

12 oz Whole wheat penne

½ T Extra virgin olive oil

2 T Garlic powder

Chicken

4 Chicken breasts

2 T extra virgin olive oil

¼ C. White cooking wine

1 t. crushed red pepper flakes

3 T Italian seasoning

Salt and Pepper to taste

Sauce

20 oz tomato sauce

1 can diced tomatoes

1 C salsa

½ C green pepper, diced

½ C sweet red pepper, diced

½ C onion, diced

1 T extra virgin olive oil

4 T Italian seasoning

1/8 C Green Chilies

Salt and pepper to taste


Chicken: Trim excess fat off of chicken breasts. Score chicken 2-3 times across top. Place chicken, oil, wine, and spices in Ziploc bag and shake. Marinade in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Remove chicken from bag and place on heated grill. Cook thoroughly.


Pasta: Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain, add oil and garlic powder. Toss to coat.


Sauce: Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions, green peppers, and red peppers; Sauté till tender. Add remaining ingredients to pan and simmer for 10-15 mins.


Top the pasta with chicken and sauce.

Serves 4

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails