If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Lasagna

|
As I said in my previous post, I am starting "Meatless Monday's" back up our house. We started last Monday night totally by convenience. I realized at around 4pm that I hadn't taken anything from the freezer to cook. So instead of having to defrost something in the microwave, I decided to just though a bunch of stuff together. What I came up with was sooooooo good! I must warn you, this is not for the faint of heart. I in no way shape or form suggest this if you have a dairy problem, or are trying to diet. It is the cheesiest meal I believe I have ever had, which makes it worth every calorie!

*I could have sworn I took pictures while cooking this, but apparently I either didn't or they have disappeared. I'm sorry. I'm sure I will make it again soon, then I'll edit this to add them to it!*

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Lasagna

  • 1/2 box of lasagna noodles (you'll need about 12)
  • 1 T oil (I always use evoo)
  • 1 1/2 c ricotta cheese
  • 1 box frozen spinach (or you boil fresh spinach down)
  • 2 c Italian blend cheese
  • 1 c mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
  • 2+ T milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 T dried parsley
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce**
  • 1 regular can of tomato sauce**
**If you prefer, you can make your own red sauce. HERE is the one I normally make. Just be sure to omit the spaghetti sauce and the tomato sauce from this recipe. 

  1. Fill a large stock pot with water and place over high heat to boil. Preheat your oven to 350 F. 
  2. When water is boiling add oil and a pinch of salt. Next add the noodles one by one, being sure that they get fully submerged in the water. Cook noodles for approximately 10 minutes, or until al dente.
  3. Meanwhile, heat the spinach up in the microwave, just until warm. Place in dish towel or cheese cloth, and squeeze out as much as the water as possible. Set aside. 
  4. In a medium/large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Italian cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is spreadable. Salt and pepper to taste, then add the spinach. Stir just to combine. 
  5. When noodles are done, drain, and layer on paper towels to dry. 
  6. If using spaghetti and tomato sauce, then combine the two in a bowl. (I like to add the tomato sauce to give it a more tomato flavor. You could also add 1 c chopped tomatoes if you like it chunkier.)
  7. In a 9x13 pan, spread just enough sauce to coat the bottom. Top with 3 noodles, side by side. Spread  1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles and top with 1/3 of the remaining sauce. Repeat. Place your last layer of noodles on top and pour remaining sauce over them. 
  8. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle 1 c mozzarella cheese over the top. Return to over just until the cheese is melted. Let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing. 


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails