*I could have sworn I took pictures while cooking this, but apparently I either didn't or they have disappeared. I'm sorry. I'm sure I will make it again soon, then I'll edit this to add them to it!*
Quick and Easy Vegetarian Lasagna
- 1/2 box of lasagna noodles (you'll need about 12)
- 1 T oil (I always use evoo)
- 1 1/2 c ricotta cheese
- 1 box frozen spinach (or you boil fresh spinach down)
- 2 c Italian blend cheese
- 1 c mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- 2+ T milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T dried parsley
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce**
- 1 regular can of tomato sauce**
**If you prefer, you can make your own red sauce. HERE is the one I normally make. Just be sure to omit the spaghetti sauce and the tomato sauce from this recipe.
- Fill a large stock pot with water and place over high heat to boil. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- When water is boiling add oil and a pinch of salt. Next add the noodles one by one, being sure that they get fully submerged in the water. Cook noodles for approximately 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the spinach up in the microwave, just until warm. Place in dish towel or cheese cloth, and squeeze out as much as the water as possible. Set aside.
- In a medium/large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Italian cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is spreadable. Salt and pepper to taste, then add the spinach. Stir just to combine.
- When noodles are done, drain, and layer on paper towels to dry.
- If using spaghetti and tomato sauce, then combine the two in a bowl. (I like to add the tomato sauce to give it a more tomato flavor. You could also add 1 c chopped tomatoes if you like it chunkier.)
- In a 9x13 pan, spread just enough sauce to coat the bottom. Top with 3 noodles, side by side. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles and top with 1/3 of the remaining sauce. Repeat. Place your last layer of noodles on top and pour remaining sauce over them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle 1 c mozzarella cheese over the top. Return to over just until the cheese is melted. Let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing.