If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Breakfast Burrito

|
My breakfast wasn't anything special but it was just so yummy I thought I would share! (Please excuse the horrid pictures. I was hungry and in a hurry!)

I spent part of the day at my mom's house yesterday, and she mentioned that she had made some breakfast burritos to put up in the freezer. Needless to say, I've been craving one every since!

So this morning I decided to indulge in that craving! I thought I would post my recipe for breakfast burritos, since most people look at me like I'm crazy when I mention making them at home!

Sausage Breakfast Burritos
(Makes 2 overstuffed burritos or 3 smaller ones)

4 eggs
2 T water
1/4 lb sausage (or 2 patties)
1/4 c shredded cheese
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 c chopped onion
2-3 whole wheat tortillas
*sour cream, salsa, mayo, mustard (optional)


1. Spray skillet with nonstick spray. Crumble sausage into skillet and cook until almost completely browned. (If using sausage patties, cook each patty on each side for a couple of minutes, then use spatula to break apart.) Add onions, and cook till there is no pink left in the sausage and the onions are tender.

2. Meanwhile, whisk water, chili powder, and eggs together. Pour eggs over sausage/onion mixture. Cook until eggs have reached desired doneness, stirring occasionally.

3. Place tortilla on plate, and heat in microwave for 30 seconds.

4. Top each tortilla with egg mixture, cheese, and the desired condiments, wrap like a burrito, and enjoy!

**For mine I usually mix some salsa and mayo together with a little cayenne pepper, and use that as my condiment. Also, if you can't get it to stay together once wrapped, try putting a toothpick through it!

I have another recipe for breakfast burritos that I'll be posting soon! It is made for freezer cooking!!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails