If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Recipe catch up!

|
I have been a little behind on my blogging. I have cooked a lot of things recently that I haven't blogged about. So I'm going to try and write a few posts with all the recipes in them. Out of everything I've cooked lately only one thing didn't turn out as I planned, and that's the Cinnamon Bubble Bread I baked. I got the recipe out of a cookbook called The Best Casserole Book Ever by Beatrice Ojakangas. I honestly think that this bread would turn out perfect had I given it the chance, but sadly it was the last thing I baked that day. So I was exhausted and ready to get out of the kitchen. Here is the recipe. I urge you to try it and let me know your results! 


Cinnamon Bubble Bread

The “bubbles” in this loaf of bread are little rounds of dough, which are rolled in cinnamon and sugar, and then piled into a baking pan. The bread tastes a lot like cinnamon rolls, and is fun to serve for breakfast or brunch, or with coffee. Use two forks or a pair of tongs to pull apart the bubbles.

Serves 8 to 10


6 T butter, melted, divided, plus extra for the dish
1 C warm water (105 to 115°)
2 packages (1/4 oz each) active dry yeast
2 T plus 1 C sugar, divided
1 C milk, scalded and cooled, to lukewarm
2 t salt
4 ½ C all purpose flour, divided
2 T ground cinnamon


1. Generously butter a deep 2-quart casserole dish. Pour the warm water into a large bowl and stir in the yeast and the 2 T of sugar. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.



2. Add the milk, salt, 4 T of the melted butter, 1 C of the flour, and ½ c sugar; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in the remaining flour to make a stiff, satiny, smooth dough.



3. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise until doubles in size, about 45 minutes. Turn out the dough onto a lightly oiled work surface. Divide the dough into quarters. Divide each quarter into quarters again, to make 16 pieces. Cut each of the pieces in half to make 32 pieces total.
4. Pour the remaining 2 T melted butter into a small dish. In another small dish mix the remaining ½ c of sugar and the cinnamon. Roll each piece of dough first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar. Place the dough pieces in the buttered casserole in even layers. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.




5. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°. Bake the bread for 35 to 40 minutes, or until browned and a skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the casserole for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving dish and serve warm, pulling apart the pieces.

1 comments:

Adriana said...

this looks amazing. im def. gonna try this recipe
~adriana
www.justbyliving.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails