If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Stuffed Jumbo Shells

|
I had bought a box of jumbo shells the other day, not having a clue what I would do with them. So tonight I got them out and just starting adding things... Here's what I came up with... it turned out so absolutely yummy! Even my 3 year old cleaned her plate.

Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells

1-12oz box Jumbo Pasta Shells (I ended up using about 18-24 shells)
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
2 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
1c Cooked Spinach (I had a 10 oz bag of frozen, so I used about half. Make sure that you drain ALL the water off)
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 t Ground Nutmeg ( sounds weird but it will bring out the flavor of the spinach)
1 Jar Vodka Sauce ( I used the Classico brand.. it's so yummy)

Preheat your oven to 350.

Boil the jumbo shells according to the package.




Meanwhile, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly. Season with the salt and pepper to taste.





Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray and place about a third of the sauce in the bottom.

When shells are done, gently hold one in your palm and squeeze sides to open. Fill each shell with approximately 1 1/2 T of cheese mixture.




Place in casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/4 c of mozzarella cheese and 1/8 c of parm. Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.

We were all so hungry by the time they got done that I forgot to take a picture of the finished product before we dug in!


 

 Even my kiddo loved it!




Hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails