If this is your first time stopping by, then you might find it helpful to subscribe to the feed, follow on twitter, and become a fan on facebook!
Follow Green Girl on TwitterFan Green Girl on Facebook

Some yummy recipies I tried :)

|
So I had posted my meal plan on here the other day....

Well a million things have came up and, of course, things have not went according to plan. BUT I did make the Stuffed Pizza Rolls (click the name to see the recipe). They we're very good. I don't think I added enough cheese, but that was my fault. I used regular pizza dough, only because Kroger didn't have thin crust. It was a little too much bread for my taste, so I would recommend using thin crust.

Then today I made a yummy Baby Red Potato Salad. Now usually I'm not a potato salad person, at all, but this was very good. It had a nice little tang to it, and a strong onion taste (which I like). I didn't boil my potatoes though. I used the Ziploc Steam Bags for the microwave. Turned out perfect! The best part.... it's only 108 calories (or 2 ww points)!!!!! Here's the recipe:


Baby Red Potato Salad
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 6 Size: 3/4 cups Time: 15 minutes Calories: 108 Points: 2 ww points
  • 4 cups baby red potatoes, cut in small pieces
  • 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
  • 3 scallions, diced
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
  • salt and fresh pepper
Boil potatoes in salted water until soft, approx 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.

While the potatoes are boiling, combine red onion, green pepper, mustard, olive oil, vinegar and mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and let the flavors marinade while the potatoes cook. Once the potatoes are done and cool, mix into the bowl and add scallions and additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails